Re: [Pnet-developers] Java compiler bug report and question

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Java compiler bug report and question
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:30:25 +1000

On Saturday 28 June 2003 01:59 am, Pablo Baena wrote:
> Hi! I was playing with the java compiler, and as it can't be otherwise
> (I'm a real bug triggerer), my first try choked the compiler.
> For the second for loop, the compiler throws "ArraylistSample.java:18:
> `i' is already declared in this scope", which it shouldn't since the
> variable is within its proper scope.

Could you log this bug in Savannah so that we can keep track of it?  See the
"pnet/HACKING" file for details on accessing Savannah.

> And the question is, since I use the java.util.* classes, how could I
> link to a class library? I have the gnu classpath classes but I can't
> use them, I tried everything, I even tried to link to the IKVM
> classpath.dll which throwed:

The Java system is still a work in progress, and the class libraries is one of
those things.  The IKVM classpath.dll won't work because of differences in
how Java is mapped to IL constructs.  We are hoping to normalise against IKVM
eventually.  If you'd like to help in this, that would be great.

Cheers,

Rhys.