[Pnet-developers] Java compiler bug report and question

From: Pablo Baena
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Java compiler bug report and question
Date: 27 Jun 2003 15:59:54 +0000

Hi! I was playing with the java compiler, and as it can't be otherwise
(I'm a real bug triggerer), my first try choked the compiler.
For the second for loop, the compiler throws "ArraylistSample.java:18:
`i' is already declared in this scope", which it shouldn't since the
variable is within its proper scope.

And the question is, since I use the java.util.* classes, how could I
link to a class library? I have the gnu classpath classes but I can't
use them, I tried everything, I even tried to link to the IKVM
classpath.dll which throwed:

$ cscc -l /home/tetsuo/soft/ikvm-mono-bin-31-May-03/classpath.dll -l
/home/tetsuo/soft/PORTABLENET/java-compiler-0.0.2/javalib/java.lang.dll
ArraylistSample.java

unresolved type: [System.Xml]System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute
unresolved type:
[System.Xml]System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeAttribute
unresolved type:
[System.Xml]System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute
unresolved type: [System.Xml]System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute
unresolved type: [System.Xml]System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute
/home/tetsuo/soft/ikvm-mono-bin-31-May-03/classpath.dll: unresolved
external references

Which can be normal, since it is compiled with Mono.

TIA!!

-----------

import java.util.*;

public class ArraylistSample {