RE: [Pnet-developers] Help debugging System.Drawing.Win32

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: RE: [Pnet-developers] Help debugging System.Drawing.Win32
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:19:00 -0400

Please help!

Ok the facts as best I can:

Fresh new install of cygwin and latest treecc, pnet, pnetlib cvs
(yesterday)
For treecc, pnet then pnetlib
./auto_gen.sh
./configure (win32 version --disable-cygwin doesn't work either)
make
make install

then into samples ilrun hello.exe - sample runs fine.

When doing ilrun FormsHello.exe, I get a segment fault. It is occurring
on this extern:

public static extern IntPtr CreateWindowExA(int dwExStyle, string
lpszClassName, string lpszWindowName, int style, int x, int y, int
width, int height, IntPtr hWndParent, IntPtr hMenu, IntPtr hInst, IntPtr
pvParam);

if I do:

hwnd = Win32.Api.CreateWindowExA( extendedStyle, ""/*className*/, "",
style, Win32.Api.CW_USEDEFAULT, 0, outside.Width, outside.Height,
IntPtr.Zero, IntPtr.Zero, Win32.Api.GetModuleHandleA(null), IntPtr.Zero
);

the call doesn't cause an AV and correctly fails (hwnd == 0)

when I do

hwnd = Win32.Api.CreateWindowExA( extendedStyle, className, "", style,
Win32.Api.CW_USEDEFAULT, 0, outside.Width, outside.Height, IntPtr.Zero,
IntPtr.Zero, Win32.Api.GetModuleHandleA(null), IntPtr.Zero );

I get a seg fault.

So we know:

1. The code all runs fine on win32 using csc
2. It looks like there is some string/interop related issue in ilrun
with cygwin?? Has anyone else had an issue?
3. I get the error in the same place when trying with the ms compiled
libraries - so Im pretty sure its not a compiler issue.

Can some people try this on their machines and add to the clues??

Would be cool to have System.Drawing.Win32 running on pnet!