Re: [Pnet-developers] Help needed

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Help needed
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:05:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jonathan,

> however i have started it in C# and
> the lecturer requires it to run on linux.

:-) ... I personally had to convince my guide in the
opposite direction :)

> > unresolved type:

[System.Windows.Forms]System.Windows.Forms.PageSetupDialog
> > unresolved type:

[System.Windows.Forms]System.Windows.Forms.PrintDialog
> > unresolved type:

[System.Windows.Forms]System.Windows.Forms.SaveFileDialog
> > unresolved type:

Hmm... these dialogs are not implmented.. Would
you mind stubbing these classes out so that we can
atleast see your program compile on pnet ?

[System.Windows.Forms]System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox

This is one biggie of a challenge ... I suspect
Rhys has his eyes on doing this :)

> If anyone can help develop these or give some
> guidance my contact details are

I might be able to help ... implementing a
FileDialog via the Win32 way (icons, and select
them..)
is too hard IMHO. (We can bypass that with a simple
text entry for now :)..

System.Printing.* can generate some postscript
it's still upto someone else to finish up the
actual printer feeding (and the complex graphics).

We need stubs first to let people compile things,
then we can fill in the details .... so as a start,
I suggest you look at the MSDN docs and stub out
the classes with a [TODO] over everything :)

Have stubs, will compile.
Gopal