[Pnet-developers] [bugs #7264] Some classes in XPath have wrong signatur

From: Marcus Urban
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #7264] Some classes in XPath have wrong signatures for Clone()
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:37:00 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #7264] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Marcus Urban
On: Thu 01/15/04 at 05:37

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  I was trying to help someone compile Gtk# using cscc
instead of mcs, and I got an error in parser/gapi-fixup.cs, line 85:

XPathNodeIterator path_iter = parent_iter.Current.Clone ().Select (expr);

gapi-fixup.cs:85: called object is not a method or delegate
gapi-fixup.cs:85: called object is not a method or delegate
gapi-fixup.cs:85: incompatible types in assignment: no conversion from `invalid
type' to `System.Xml.XPath.XPathNodeIterator'

where parent_iter is an XPathNavigator. The problem is pnetlib's version of
XPathNavigator has the signature

public abstract Object Clone();

but the Rotor docs indicate the signature should be

public abstract XPathNavigator Clone();

I believe that a similar problem may occur with the Clone() methods in our
XPath classes.

File Attachments

Date: Thu 01/15/04 at 05:37  Name: gapi-fixup.cs  Size: 2KB   By: mathpup
Test case