Re: [Pnet-developers] possible pnet compile problem if nptl was built in

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] possible pnet compile problem if nptl was built into glibc
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:03:11 +1000

On Saturday 17 January 2004 07:46 am, Rainer Groesslinger wrote:

> I didn't post this to the savannah bugtracker since
> a) I don't use a glibc with nptl being built into it so I can't give any
> useful feedback on it neither can I be really sure that not something
> else is broken and
> b) I am not sure if removing those lines is really "secure" and/or if it
> has other downsides.

The diff removes read-write lock support on all platforms, and converts
read-write locks into plain mutexes.  It would be better if there was some
other way to detect the lack of read-write locks in your configuration so
that they continue to work elsewhere.

Perhaps "pthread_rwlock_t" is declared in a different header file which we
need to check for and include, or there is a better way to detect for it than
using PTHREAD_RWLOCK_INITIALIZER?

Cheers,

Rhys.