[Pnet-developers] The GAC, shared assemblies and assembly versioning

From: Jason King
Subject: [Pnet-developers] The GAC, shared assemblies and assembly versioning
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:50:46 -0000

Hello

Given that PNET users have the freedom to install PNET and supporting
libraries pretty much wherever they like, where does this leave the PNET
implementation of the global assembly cache?  Is there even going to be one?
Maybe you guys have an alternative strategy for the global assembly cache?
Say I want to add a shared assembly so that all apps on my machine can use
it without me having to copy it to each install folder...?

Are there any plans for assembly versioning in PNET?

Thanks for any advice, plans or help with this issue.
Jase

Regards,
Jason King
Profox Systems Ltd