Re: [Pnet-developers] X11 and PNET on Mac continued

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] X11 and PNET on Mac continued
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 01:53:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

You obviously havent built the libXsharpSupport.so (or
.dylib in OS X , I suppose).

The export LIBTOOL=glibtool is necessary to build the
dylibs properly for pnetlib.

What youre missing is not X11 libs but
libXsharpSupport shared object . If it was built, it
should be in pnetlib/Xsharp/.libs

I think the Fink port stuff mentioned the build
procedure from start to end for OS X ?.

Gopal
--- address@hidden <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> First off, thanks to Fergus, Enrique and JP for your
help.

> So far, I have managed to download the relevant
headers from XFree86 and
> successfully installed them using their Xinstall.sh
script.  Also, I
> have successfully edited the path to include
/usr/X11R6/bin and also to
> set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Here they are, for those that wish to know:
~/bin /usr/X11R6/bin
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib

> Now, when I rebuild pnetlib, the .configure does
indeed find X and
> spurts the following line:
>
> "checking for x... (cached) libraries
/usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> /usr/X11R6/include"
>
> Great.  That looks good. However, when I now try to
run
> pnetlib-0.6.2/samples/forms/formshello.exe, I am
still getting the
> following error message:
>
> Uncaught exception:
Xsharp.XCannotConnectException:X/Windows library is
> not present, or could not be located on the library
search
> path.--->System.EntryPointNOtFoundException:Entry
point was not found at
> Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application,
boolean)

> Etc etc
>
> This is the same when running from the usual Mac
terminal, and after
> launching X and using its Xdarwin.  So I checked the
paths were set
> again, and found that in Xdarwin, the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH wasn't being set
> (help!) so I did it manually, and still the same
problem.

> As an extra clue to the truly knowledgable (maybe),
when I do "make" as
> my usual login, it fails at the end with "permission
denied" errors on
> the following
>
> .rm libs/libXSharpSupport.la
> .rm libs/libXSharpSupport.a
> .rm libs/libXSharpSupport.lai
>
> So, I login as SU, and try again, and this time the
make succeeds.  So,
> maybe that's a complete red herring, as its just a
permission thing.