[Pnet-developers] Re: X11 and PNET on Mac continued

From: Enrique Zamudio
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: X11 and PNET on Mac continued
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:16:00 -0800

I could never get WinForms to run with XDarwin either, I kept getting that same
error about Xsharp not being available. I ended up using Apple's X11. It worked
with beta 3 and still works fine with the 1.0 included in Panther.

To build the XSharp libs, I usually have to edit the libtool script in pnetlib,
adding the line

SED=sed

otherwise it exits with an error when it tries to build XSharpSupport.

I don't have my mac with me right now so I can't check if I have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH available inside X11, but I don't see why not... however,
XDarwin might use a different shell or at least a different startup script than
the one in your home, so it doesn't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

try installing the whole thing before running, by doing a "sudo make install"
in pnet and pnetlib.

HTH,
eZL