[Pnet-developers] Testers wanted - building cscc-cpp

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Testers wanted - building cscc-cpp
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:12:36 +1000

We've had a few problems over the months with odd C pre-processors messing up
the pnet C compiler.  Also, none of the C pre-processors support the "#using"
directive, which we will need for compatibility with aspects of Managed C++.

In an effort to address these problems, I have copied the GNU C pre-processor
code from the gcc sources into the pnet tree (under "pnet/cscc/cpp"), added
support for "#using", and modified cscc to use it instead of the system cpp.

Here's the catch: I think that I have tracked down all of the dependencies
that GNU cpp has on system libraries, libiberty, etc, but because my
GNU/Linux system has bits and pieces of libiberty installed in /usr/include,
I'm not 100% sure that I tracked them all down.

I would appreciate it if everyone could make a fresh checkout of "pnet" from
CVS and try to build it on their system, particularly BSD and MacOSX systems,
but Windows, Solaris, etc, too would be good.

Cheers,

Rhys.