[Pnet-developers] [patch #2968] Implements process spawning on MinGW/Win

From: Thong Nguyen
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [patch #2968] Implements process spawning on MinGW/Windows native

This mail is an automated notification from the patch tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[patch #2968] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Thong Nguyen <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Mon 06/14/2004 at 15:04 (NZ)

A few problems:

I get an "Invalid Argument" error when using cscc (the argument has a space so
a temp command file is used and windwos doesn't seem to recognise the
@C:TempCMD as a command file).

You shouldn't hard code C:WindowsTemp -- use GetWindowsDirectory.

Some arguments include quotes, so sometimes we can end up with arguments with
quotes inside quotes like:

"-D__VERSION__="0.6.7 (cscc)""

PS.  Are you sure command files are necessary?

Thanks.

[patch #2968] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Maciek Plewa
On: Sat 04/24/2004 at 17:22

Category:  None

Original Submission:  * support/spawn.c: Add process spawning and pipe
redirection
support for Windows native (MinGW). Add utility functions
build_command, winerror, checknt

* cscc/common/cc_main.c: Renamed LoadLibrary to
LoadLibraryCodeGen to prevent name conflict with Windows API;
modified SpawnOnPipe and ClosePipe to wrap around
ILSpawnProcessWithPipe and ILSpawnProcessWaitForExit
(support/spawn.c)

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 06/02/2004 at 09:54       By: maciekpl
I've made quite a lot of changes, and this time also tested on Debian 3.0,
FreeBSD 4.9, Cygwin, and MinGW  (cscctest and built pnetlib).

I was waiting for 0.6.6 release to save time on building it on Cygwin.

Date: Sun 04/25/2004 at 09:58       By: t3rmin4t0r
Sorry, it does not build on Linux (needs a configure.in check for errno.h to
include it).

But even after that, I couldnt' find where UNIX_PIPES were detected and defined
in the code ?.

Please recheck that part.

CC List
-------

CC Address                          | Comment
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
tum                                 | here it is
t3rmin4t0r                          | Finally :)

File Attachments
-------------------

Date: Wed 06/02/2004 at 09:54  Name: Maciek-040602-MinGW.patch  Size: 28KB
By: maciekpl
Updated patch id 2968
http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=2968&amp;item_file_id=3333

Date: Sat 04/24/2004 at 17:22  Name: Maciek-040425.patch  Size: 17KB   By:
maciekpl
Patch file for Changelog, cscc/common/cc_main.c, support/spawn.c
http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=2968&amp;item_file_id=3141

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=2968>

  Message sent via/by Savannah