Re: [Pnet-developers] [pnet] PNET_TOOLS

From: ktreichel
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [pnet] PNET_TOOLS
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:20:46 +0100

Hi Lothar,

I know that there is an arm port which id built with cross compiling but i
never did it myself.

You can add the oppcodes you need to the cvm coder and interpreter.
Maybe you should have a look at the unrolling feature too.

> During code review i found usage of the environment? variable PNET_TOOLS
> in Makefile.in. How can i bypass a value (false) to auto_gen.sh to
> create a proper Makefile.in for just compiling the runtime engine?

Try the --disable-tools switch for configure in pnet.

> Which programms and libraries are essential to execute CIL programms?
> I.e. I don't need a C# comiler. Am I on the right track, just focusing
> on ilrun?
>
> Finally i want to inform about a possible bug in the build process of
> the pnet directory:
>
> During my work, i tried to compile pnet from cvs. Therefor i called
> auto_gen.sh, "./configure --prefix=/somewhere/in/my/home/dir" and make
> During "make install" running as normal user the following error ocours:
> mkdir -p ... unable to make directory /gc ...
> It seams, that somewere in the auto_gen/configure part a needed variable
> is not set.
> Compiling pnet from tar.gz package finished without errors.
> Compiling pnet from tar.gz _after_ calling auto_gen.sh results in the
> same error.

Does the problem occure during make install of libgc ?

> best regards,
> Lothar Heinrich, student at TU-Graz - Austria

Klaus