dotgnu-visionaries

Re: [Visionaries] NEWBIE TODO: Write WebScheme documentation

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [Visionaries] NEWBIE TODO: Write WebScheme documentation
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:12:48 +0200

Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> just a suggestion, why not create an online Wiki just for WebScheme wherein
> any
> newbie (like me) and the mainstays would be able to pitch in their
> interpretation/version of the language specifications relayed via the mailing
> list?

This might not be such a bad idea. Mainly for reasons of copyright. The FSEDU
wiki has an implicit copyright assignment of changes to the FSF with FDL
licensing. Since the WebScheme wiki stuff would probably grow into the official
documentation such an implicit copyright assignment would prevent a lot of
possible troubles. The current DotGNU wiki does not have such an implicit
copyright assignment and is thus not really good for the language development.

For mailing lists the same thing applies, especially since parts of mails can be
copied to the wiki.

I'll have to talk to nb sometime about how to solve this.

> i for one have been following the developments of the DG-Scheme -> Dogus ->
> WebScheme thread and am really interested in an effort to really push it
> through
> to be included in the DotGNU framework.
>
> i could even try and do an almost copy-paste type of job and put together in
> one
> document the specifications for the WebScheme project. i could surely put it
> in
> text format, post it on the list and do an RFC thing on the document.
>
> hopefully by next week, i would be able to put together a crude documentation
> or
> transcript of the proceedings that have transpired in the DG-Scheme thread.

Great. Currently the whole monologue is at the WebSchemeMonologue page (which
doesn't look perfectly due to wiki interpretation that I haven't managed to turn
off yet, for a better view push edit and copy the source into a text document).

Greetings,

Peter