dotgnu-visionaries

Re: [Visionaries] WebScheme

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Visionaries] WebScheme
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:30:12 -0700 (PDT)

Check this out :

http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/home.jsp

 BEEP, the Application Protocol Framework
BEEP is a turbocharger for Internet applications that offers advanced
features such as:

    * a standard application layer that supports dynamic, pluggable
application "profiles" (protocols)
    * peer-to-peer, client-server, or server-to-server capabilities
    * multiple channels over a single authenticated session
    * support for arbitrary MIME payloads, including XML

APEX, the Application Datagram Service
APEX is the emerging relaying service for Internet applications that
offers:

    * lightweight, secure and/or soft real-time delivery
    * option-driven services for flexibility and extensibility
    * a highly-scalable architecture
    * built-in access and presence services

beepcore, the Software Library
beepcore is a software library that enables you to rapidly develop
Internet applications that use the advanced capabilities of BEEP.
beepcore comes in Java, C, and Tcl flavors. Best of all, beepcore is
free software covered by a BSD-style license.

beepcore.org, the BEEP Community Web Site
beepcore.org provides quick links to BEEP RFCs, I-Ds and mailing lists;
BEEP-related IETF activites; the #beepnik IRC channel; and BEEP-enabled
projects, products, and developers.

http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/docs/rfc3529.jsp
Status of this Memo

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested. Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2003). All Rights Reserved.

Abstract

XML-RPC is an Extensible Markup Language-Remote Procedure Calling
protocol that works over the Internet. It defines an XML format for
messages that are transfered between clients and servers using HTTP. An
XML-RPC message encodes either a procedure to be invoked by the server,
along with the parameters to use in the invocation, or the result of an
invocation. Procedure parameters and results can be scalars, numbers,
strings, dates, etc.; they can also be complex record and list
structures.

This document specifies a how to use the Blocks Extensible Exchange
Protocol (BEEP) to transfer messages encoded in the XML-RPC format

=====