Re: [Dragora-users] dragora.org down (Sun Apr 24)

From: Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] dragora.org down (Sun Apr 24)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:24:54 +0300

On 29.04.2016 01:11, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
> El Thu, 28 Apr 2016 01:12:08 +0300
> Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <address@hidden> escribió:
>> On 27.04.2016 23:11, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:

>>> 360 USD per year.
>>
>> That's a lot. What are the Dragora project needs that a hosting has to
>> meet? Do you need a virtual machine (for Fossil)? Ceata has a server
>> in a good collocation center run by one of our honorary members. The
>> server is not very powerful, but it runs two virtual machines and we
>> rarely have experienced downtime problems. Could Ceata help Dragora?
>>
>> Please let me know. Thanks!
>>

> Basically we need to put Fossil and run a rsync server (besides mail
> server).  Have good capabilities in terms of multiple requests, and
> whenever is possible uptime 99.9%.

I believe Ceata server meets these criteria. Please let me know if
Dragora would accept sponsorship from Ceata in the form of hosting (of
Fossil and rsync server) at no cost for 1 year, with the possibility to
renew this agreement each year. As for the mail service, you may use the
mail server (Postfix) that runs already on the primary virtual machine
(mail.ceata.org).

We currently have 8G (2x4G) of RAM mounted on Ceata's physical machine.
If someone in the Dragora community would like to donate Ceata 16G
(2x8G) valued at around $100 USD, I am sure we can even have a virtual
machine for Dragora project which can run Dragora GNU system (so it
would be self-hosted), which will give your project more autonomy in
running your services. In this case, you may have your separate mail
service too.

Ceata is a foundation for Free Software and Free Culture based in
Romania and we try to help however we can the fully free GNU distros.
For instance, we provide fiscal sponsorship for Parabola.

Please let me know if you are interested in Ceata's sponsorship offer in
the form of (shared or VPS) hosting on our server. Thanks!
--
Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic | President, Fundația Ceata
GPG: 900CECE2 | Phone: +40-761-810-100

Support Free Software and Free Culture!
Join Ceata: https://ceata.org/join.ro.html