Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images

From: DustDFG
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 07:58:03 +0100

Hello Matias!

I am sorry for the delay

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 7:00 PM Matias Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

The size of the ISO matters, since we have to create the images for
several CDs, in 700mb maximum. To achieve this you have to adjust or
change the output of the packages for the files containing the build
orders. For example, the packages generated from 00-core.order would be
installed to /var/cache/qi/packages/cd1/ with the rest continuing to
wrap their output for the next CD number. So from stage 2 you can create
the images for the CDs. It also gives the possibility of doing what you
suggested before, once the packages are generated, they will be
available in the packages/ directory, when chrooting in, Qi can be used
to install directly, for example. the core from
var/cache/qi/packages/cd1.

As I know, now qi has an `--outdir` command line option. It can't give you several cd's by stripping size but you can easily move all packages from the 00-core.order to folder  var/cache/qi/packages/cd1

Apart from this, my proposal is to create a rootfs, which you unpack
directly, which is more direct and faster than having to install
packages one by one via Qi.

 It is something like `darkcrusade` compiler collection. I also think that the rootfs can be a template for different image types (iso, qcow ...) so I thought that the rootfs and the core image is one entity.

It seems to me that it will be good to have an xx-bootstrap.order that contains minimal system that you can run...