Re: [Dragora-users] Kernel recipes bug

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Kernel recipes bug
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 15:38:30 -0300

El 2022-07-08 08:30, DustDFG escribió:
Hello!

When I was building dragora, I unmounted the wrong device. So build
process was interrupted. To continue building I ran command (from
BOOTSTRAPPING.md) for building all packages again. Qi started ignoring
already builded packages but I got an error when qi reached
kernel-buildtree-generic package. When qi ignored kernel-generic
package, the package couldn't define variables with names:
kernel_generic_version and kernel_generic_release so when qi started
processing kernel-buildtree-generic package, it couldn't  define
version and release variables in recipe of kernel-buildtree-generic.

Thanks for the report. I changed the exit status to return true; those variables are expected to be set from 'kernel/generic', so I added a check (untested). Could you test if works?.

P.S I also want to propose to rename kernel-buildtree-generic to
kernel-buildtree

But tries to use/reflect the prefix on which kernel type the build belongs to, in this case to 'kernel/generic'.