Re: [Dragora-users] Kernel recipes bug

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Kernel recipes bug
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 11:17:05 -0300

Hi DustDFG,

El 2022-07-09 12:27, DustDFG escribió:
On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 5:37 AM DustDFG <dfgdust@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 7:39 PM Matías Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

> El 2022-07-08 08:30, DustDFG escribió:
> > Hello!
> >
> > When I was building dragora, I unmounted the wrong device. So build
> > process was interrupted. To continue building I ran command (from
> > BOOTSTRAPPING.md) for building all packages again. Qi started ignoring
> > already builded packages but I got an error when qi reached
> > kernel-buildtree-generic package. When qi ignored kernel-generic
> > package, the package couldn't define variables with names:
> > kernel_generic_version and kernel_generic_release so when qi started
> > processing kernel-buildtree-generic package, it couldn't  define
> > version and release variables in recipe of kernel-buildtree-generic.
>
> Thanks for the report.  I changed the exit status to return true; those
> variables are expected to be set from 'kernel/generic', so I added a
> check (untested).  Could you test if works?.

No, it doesn't work. It prints your message but it must stop building
kernel-buildtree. It runs build function from the recipe after
printing the message

I read a source code of qi so I have one idea. We can set inside the
recipe opt_skipqsts variable and add to qi save_opt_skipqsts
variable...

This will be valid for the -S option, but I don't think it is valid if you want to build the 'kernel/buildtree-generic' recipe only. I have added to Qi a new variable to ignore recipes more cleanly (via 'opt_skiprecipe').

If you want to try it, you need qi-2.10-rc1[1][2] which along with other updates are available on the rsync server. I suggest keeping up to date with the git repository, update Qi first and continue with the rest...

[1] https://mirror.cedia.org.ec/dragora/current/sources/qi-2.10-rc1.tar.lz [2] https://mirror.cedia.org.ec/dragora/current/sources/qi-2.10-rc1.tar.lz.sha256

Best regards,
Matías Fonzo