[Duplicity-talk] duplicity and full backup

From: William Famy
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity and full backup
Date: 04 Apr 2003 22:24:09 +0200

Hello.

First thanks for this great tools.

Imagine i have a big file 150 Mo which is modify everyday and backup
every night with duplicity.

It is not possible to delete file older than 3 day (or month) because of
diff backup.

imagine i backup my file

5 days ago full
4 diff
3 diff
2 diff
1 diff

Is it possible to recreate a new source file generate with d-5+d-4+d-3
as the new d-3 file? so we can delete d-5 and d-4 or will i have to full
backup every 3 month?

I confirm that a command which send every file and bachup date could be
very usefull.

a restore mode should be interesting. i backup /home/me yesterday i
delete and modifie some files arestore mode would repair every modified
or deleted files.

a duplicity scp://address@hidden/backup /home/me that restore the directory
it the way it was at the time of last backup without downloading every
thing. perhaps in using md5sum. this could be very usefull to restore
with low bandwith as DSL.

Regards

sory for my poor english.

--
address@hidden
programmers and deluge the hobby market with good software."