Re: [Duplicity-talk] Find old file in backup set

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Find old file in backup set
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:36:23 -0700

  PE> Recently I want to restore the last version of a file deleted
  PE> several weeks before without knowing the exact delete date.

  PE> Can I advise duplicity to do exact this? If not how can I best
  PE> find the last date the file is backed up?

There's really no good way of doing this, and something that needs to
be added.  Right now I think you would have to try restoring that file
at different times until you find the earliest set in which that file
was present.

What probably needs to be done is store a table with all the files
indexed by both name and backup time.  At each session that file could
be downloaded, modified, encrypted, and reuploaded...

--
Ben Escoto