[Duplicity-talk] FTP Backup to Windows Systems

From: Steve Crook
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] FTP Backup to Windows Systems
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:30:59 +0100

Sorry to soil the archive with comments about Windows, but I think it's
valid.  :)

I've run Duplicity for a while on some Redhat servers and its worked
with no issues at all.  However, having just purchased a DVD Writer and
fitted it to a WindowsXP server, I decided to redirect the Duplicity
backups to an FTP service on that server.

Duplicity logs into the FTP service without any issues, but then falls
over with a raft of ugly error messages.  It appears to me that the
filenames used aren't compatible with the NTFS filesystem and this
causes the failure.

Is there a workaround for this?