RE: [Duplicity-talk] How to run duplicity with a Cron Job

From: Jonathan W. Smith
Subject: RE: [Duplicity-talk] How to run duplicity with a Cron Job
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:00:21 -0400

Thanks for the reply. I certainly appreciate it.

1. Have you copied a PUBLIC key (~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub or id_dsa.pub) to the
remote machine's authorized_keys file?

Yes. I followed Carlos Justiniano's instructions. There is an
authorized_keys file in the .ssh directory on the remote machine where I
have an account.

2. Have you chowned his whole .ssh dir to the right user?

Already correct.

3. Is the authorized_keys file chmod 600?

Yes.

4. Are you able to simply "ssh remote_machine -l root" doing the same thing
your cron job will do?

That one threw me. I will have to read the man for ssh to try to understand
better that suggestion. I do know that I lack and always will lack root
privileges on the machine to where I am asking duplicity to place an
encrypted, compressed backup.