[Duplicity-talk] Missing --sftp-command in 0.4.2

From: intrigeri
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Missing --sftp-command in 0.4.2
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:09:56 +0200

Hello,

Using the scp backend, it was possible, in duplicity 0.4.1, to specify
scp/ssh options with the --scp-command and --ssh-command command
line options.

This allows, for example, to specify an alternate ssh public key to be
used automated backup purpose, or to force SSH to bound to a specific
network interface. I've been using it on many systems, and I do rely
on it. I'm also responsible for the duplicity support in a backup
frontend called backupninja[1], which also relies on this great
configuration possibility.

But 0.4.2's changes a bit the way the scp backend works ; diff'ing the
scpBackend class, one can see "sftp_command" (== sftp) being used in
the list and delete methods. I don't care, but I've not found any
documented way to specify additional options to be passed to sftp ;
this renders the --scp-command and --ssh-command almost unuseful
for me... and breaks backupninja's duplicity support.

An obvious solution would be to add a --sftp-command command-line
option ; reading commandline.py, it seems to me a 3-lines patch, plus
3 lines to add to the manpage. If this solution suits you, I could
write the needed patch.

What do you think of this ?

[1] http://dev.riseup.net/backupninja

Ciao,