[Duplicity-talk] remote_maifest problem

From: Michael Johnson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] remote_maifest problem
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:47:30 -0400

Hi all

Problem number two here...

I keep getting the following error when I try to run backups from / etc/crontab on one of my machines:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 373, in ?
    if __name__ == "__main__": main()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 362, in main
    check_last_manifest(col_stats)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 342, in check_last_manifest
    last_backup_set.check_manifests()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line 128, in check_manifests
    if local_manifest: remote_manifest = local_manifest

The interesting part is, when I run this manually as root (the real root as in su -), it runs fine. I have to log in every day to run this instead of letting a cron job take care of it. I'd like to be able to sleep through 4am when the cron job runs and MySQL is shut down for the backup.

Why is this happening and where do I look to fix it?

-Michael

Man könnte froh sein, wenn die Luft so rein wäre wie das Bier.
(Humanity could be happy, if the air were as pure as the beer.)
                --Richard von Weizsäcker