[Duplicity-talk] time_separator ":" is bad for windows

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] time_separator ":" is bad for windows
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:52:06 -0500

Hi, an issue came up in a patch written by Andre Beckedorf (see
http://katastrophos.net/andre/blog/?p=29).

As his patch points out, the time separator ":" doesn't work on
windows file systems.  Unfortunately we sometimes can't tell what file
system duplicity is writing it files to.

I just realized perhaps the best thing to do would be to make
duplicity always use "-" as the separator, to be safe.  We could have
it accept both "-" and ":" for backwards compatibility.  Does this
sound like a good idea?

--
Ben Escoto