Re: [Duplicity-talk] remote_maifest problem

From: Michael Johnson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] remote_maifest problem
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:16:58 -0400

On May 3, 2006, at 9:18 PM, Ben Escoto wrote:

There is a typo that this patch fixes:

I made the change:

remote backup set or the local archive directory has been corrupted.""")

                if not remote_manifest:
if self.local_manifest: remote_manifest = local_manifest else: log.FatalError("Fatal Error: Neither remote nor " "local manifest readable.")
                remote_manifest.check_dirinfo()

but now I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 373, in ?
    if __name__ == "__main__": main()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 362, in main
    check_last_manifest(col_stats)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 342, in check_last_manifest
    last_backup_set.check_manifests()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line 128, in check_manifests
    if self.local_manifest: remote_manifest = local_manifest
AttributeError: BackupSet instance has no attribute 'local_manifest'

However, with this patch rdiff-backup will probably still not work in
that situation.  (It will just exit with a more informative error
message instead of a traceback.)

Hopefully this error is more informative.

I can still run this by hand with zero problems. I need this to run from the crontab.

-Michael
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
                --Albert Einstein