Re: [Duplicity-talk] S3 getting started

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] S3 getting started
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:08:36 +0200

On Thursday 21 June 2007 07:01:49 mike wrote:

> it would be neat if it was using something like pam_encfs or whatever,
> where the login itself triggers totally encrypted filenames (and then
> hopefully the file contents are encrypted somewhere - either client or
> server)

Theoretically, you could run encfs over sshfs and achieve that (FUSE can do
chaining from what I understand). The server would never see your data
unencrypted (decrypting on the server is kinda besides the point in my view).
Practically, there's something wrong in either encfs or sshfs that prevents
it from fully working (I'm guessing it's encfs, as that one has horrible
behavior when running rsync, too).