Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3 RC10 Ready for Test

From: dAniel hAhler
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3 RC10 Ready for Test
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:26:36 +0200

On 7/14/07, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:

problems with the
new FTP backend, and those were caused by problems with argument
semantics when using both the commandline and the -f option.  By going
to the commandline only we avoid the issues found in the different
versions of the ncftp client 3.x software.

I guess you are referring to
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?20474 ("ncftpput 3.2.0 -
segfault when uploading file").
Are there other problems with using the -f option?

In this case, I'd say to leave the hostname out of the config file
instead of having the user/password on the command line.