Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Backup capability

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Backup capability
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:26:04 +0100

Hello

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>> 1. Speed. I backed up a 90G folder which took me 3 days. And about 200G
>> of data goes infinite. It has been running for 2 weeks but the backup
>> data grows super super slow about 19G.

This is quite strange. I perform monthly full backups of my user
accounts, that is to say 150GB. The whole thing takes about 11h30-12h,
and that is performed through the network (ftp over gigabit lan).
If using encryption, check the compression settings, I had to revert to
zlib instead of bzip2 for the compression algorithm, which also took ages.

a+
Nicolas