[Duplicity-talk] Re: 0.4.6: setup.py install with --prefix not working

From: Andreas Schildbach
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: 0.4.6: setup.py install with --prefix not working
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:40:55 +0100

Kenneth Loafman wrote:

It turns out not to be a bug after all, just a 'feature' of Python.  The
following commands will extract, install, and execute duplicity in the
user's choice of path.

[...]

I am certain this could be implemented in the code, but there are all
sorts of considerations to make it a general case that would work on all
the distros and versions we have to handle.

If that's the way Python handles situations like this, I would not stray off this path. Could you just document this in the installation readme?

Many thanks and best regards,

Andreas