[Duplicity-talk] recommendations for first backup?

From: AJ Weber
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] recommendations for first backup?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:54:53 -0500

I have about 150GB of data to transfer to an ISP in one big mount-point (for the first backup).  Is there a reasonable way to start and stop the initial transfer so I can schedule it to run over a set of evenings?

I could split-out some of the sub-dirs, but then I would want to go back to the single backup command, so I don't think that would work.

Unless someone tells me there's a trivial way to use tc or some bandwidth-throttling tool on linux (in which case I'd let it run 24x7 until it completes), I need to figure a way to start and stop the duplicity transfers -- but get it to "pick up where it left off" next time it starts.

Is this doable?  Default?

Thanks again,
AJ