Re: [Duplicity-talk] Can one safely run multiple instances to the same t

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Can one safely run multiple instances to the same target?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:05:56 +0100

> No code is in duplicity to lock the target directory, but I am still
> somewhat surprised that it crashed.  Two running at the same time to
> different directories works OK.  I use that every day.

Hmm, my interpretation of the OP was two instances of duplicity with
the exact same target, which would definitely not be supported.

One fundamental problem is that it is not necessarily even possible to
do proper locking on all backends. But that said, duplicity could
perhaps provide a convenient method of local locking (something like
--backup-lock=/path/to/lock).

I have been using 'mkdir' locks in my scripts so far.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to address@hidden