Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity stalling intermittently

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity stalling intermittently
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:40:43 +0100

> This seems to happen quite regularly, but I still had to copy it 5 or 6
> times before it failed. So I guess this is no longer really a duplicity
> problem, but I would still appreciate any suggestions if you have them.

First thing I'd suspect is a buggy firewall/broadband sharing
box/similar in the networking path locally. Had a case recently with
one that just outright *sucked*; you basically could not keep a TCP
connection going for any amount of time even with active traffic - it
would just drop it.

That is assuming the upstream connectivity is good.

Otherwise... not sure what to suggest, other than tcpdump:ing to try
to see what is going on. Problematic not having access to the other
end.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'