[Duplicity-talk] Resumability

From: Michael Terry
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Resumability
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:37:20 -0400

I was backing up a lot of data to the S3 backend.  It was taking a
while, and I tested sending a STOP (ctrl+z) signal to duplicity.  When
I later sent a CONT signal, it seemed to resume OK (kept sending
data).  Is that normal, or was I just lucky?  Are there better ways of
stopping and resuming?

If I kill the duplicity instance, it seems to not complain the next
time I start it (and leaves the previous files there), but does it
keep the progress it made, or does it just start over?

-mt