Re: [Duplicity-talk] Announcing Déjà Dup

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Announcing Déjà Dup
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 09:34:46 -0400

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Peter Schuller
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I agree. Error handling in general needs improvement. Any input on the
> most useful, from your perspective as a front-end writer, categories
> of failures that you wish to distinguish between would presumably be
> useful here.

The kind of errors I'm most interested in are ones that require user
intervention.  Errors that the user can't do anything about (e.g.
can't find server), I can just through up the error.  But for errors
like source mismatch, the error is recoverable, but unless I can
especially handle the error, the user won't be able to recover.

So source mismatch, and whatever requires the --force flag.  I'm not
clear on when that is needed.

-mt