Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with FTP backup

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with FTP backup
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:37:53 -0500

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Panagiotis Atmatzidis
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to backup my iBook (Tiger MacOSX 10.4.11) using the following
> command line:
>
>  duplicity ftp://user:address@hidden/../atma /media/disk/libertad/

It looks like you are trying to restore.  Duplicity doesn't find any
backup files on what it thinks is your backup location (the ftp
server), doesn't find any files, and bails.

To backup, you put the non-URL item first, then the URL for your
backup destination second.

So, if you're trying to backup /media/disk/libertad to your ftp server:
duplicity /media/disk/libertad/ ftp://user:address@hidden/../atma

If, however, you're trying to backup a remote machine onto your local,
connected USB drive, I don't believe you can do that.  The source
files for the backup must be local (or at least accessible by a local
path).

-mt