Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with FTP backup

From: Panagiotis Atmatzidis
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with FTP backup
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 01:28:28 +0200

On 04 Φεβ 2009, at 2:37 ΠΜ, Michael Terry wrote:

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Panagiotis Atmatzidis
<address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to backup my iBook (Tiger MacOSX 10.4.11) using the following
command line:

duplicity ftp://user:address@hidden/../atma /media/disk/libertad/

It looks like you are trying to restore.  Duplicity doesn't find any
backup files on what it thinks is your backup location (the ftp
server), doesn't find any files, and bails.

To backup, you put the non-URL item first, then the URL for your
backup destination second.

So, if you're trying to backup /media/disk/libertad to your ftp server:
duplicity /media/disk/libertad/ ftp://user:address@hidden/../atma

If, however, you're trying to backup a remote machine onto your local,
connected USB drive, I don't believe you can do that.  The source
files for the backup must be local (or at least accessible by a local
path).

-mt