Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity reporting _librsync import error on windo

From: Jesper Lund
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity reporting _librsync import error on windows
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:21:47 +0100

Rashmi Jha wrote:

I m trying to install duplicity on windows using cygwin. I installed librsync and duplicity from their tar files and they seem to be installing fine. But when I try to run duplicity, I get an import error for _librsync module. I see _librsync.dll under /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity but somehow python is not loading it.

Any help is appreciated. I really want this to be working.

Cygwin install from source 0.5.08 worked for me a couple of days ago.

Did you install librsync1 *and* librsync_devel on Cygwin? I believe that both packages are needed for building duplicity from source.

Jesper