Re: [Duplicity-talk] FTP timeout

From: Thomas Braad Toft
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] FTP timeout
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 17:18:33 +0100

Hello,

Jesper Lund wrote:
Servage is cheap if you need lots of space (and who doesn't), but their FTP servers are known for timeout problems. I use Servage myself, but I have switched to a different strategy in order to ftp my duplicity backup to their servers. I make the duplicity backup to my harddisk (well, a share on my home server, actually), and use the lftp program to sync the backup share with my Servage FTP account (this is done by a cron job in my case)
http://www.linux.com/feature/122169

Well, I considered something like that when I started doing backup to Servage. To spare some diskspace locally I ended with a num-retries=50 in Duplicity - it's lame, but actually works quite well.

Kenneth: Setting the timeout limit solved my timeout problem, thanks! It's not mentioned in the man-page.

--
Thomas