Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity bug report: crash if the system date is w

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity bug report: crash if the system date is wrong
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:19:35 +0100

overall .. this is something where duplicity can really improve :) ... ede
--
here's the tail of the log (this one would be huge and I would have
had to comb through it to see if propietary info was in there). Let me

I think it's questionable whether this can even be considered a
problem. A backup tool already kind of depends on proper time of day,
and in this case Amazon is trying to cause early failure by making
these sanity checks and failing the request.

I can see that one might want to treat this particular problem and
give a much more user friendly error message. However other than that,
is there an actual problem? If I'm not misunderstanding anything, the
user-friendlyness seems to be the concern here.