Re: [Duplicity-talk] RackSpace's CloudFiles example

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] RackSpace's CloudFiles example
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:53:21 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've been playing about with the --verify option and I've noticed an incoming
spike of network
traffic when I add a verify task to my backup script.

I use this to back up my stuff:

/usr/bin/duplicity incr  --archive-dir=/var/lib/duplicity/etc /etc
s3+http://bucket/etc

and then I run this straight after:

/usr/bin/duplicity verify --archive-dir=/var/lib/duplicity/etc
s3+http://bucket/etc /etc

Does duplicity download signature files again when it does a verify? And if so,
does it download
them even if they are already local in an archive directory?

Richard.