Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.6.0 Released - Checkpoint/Restart

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.6.0 Released - Checkpoint/Restart
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:15:41 -0400

2009/6/8 Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden>:
> From now on, the --archive-dir option can be used to
> change the location of the archive dir, but you are
> responsible for moving the files if you change it.

I'm very excited about checkpoint/restore and I will be playing around
with it shortly.  But I'm curious...  I recently talked on this list
about suddenly turning on --archive-dir where past backups hadn't used
an --archive-dir.

The result of that discussion was that it wouldn't work right now, but
patches to make it work would be nice.

Does this new system run into that same problem?  i.e. if I have a
backup that didn't have an archive-dir, will it now suddenly be forced
to have an archive-dir and run into the cleanup/restore errors?

I haven't tested myself yet, but will later.

-mt