Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying rsync password in URL

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying rsync password in URL
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:35:16 -0500

The password prompt is coming from rsync, not from duplicity.

I took a look at the code and there's no mechanism for duplicity to pass
the password to rsync, even though it can be specified in the URL.  Even
though rsync does provide a couple of mechanisms, these are not in the
duplicity code.

rsync uses ssh as the underlying transport.  Can you ssh into the remote
machine without a password?   If so, it should work without a password
at all.  If not, you may want to use 'ssh-copy-id remote' to set up
passwordless authentication.

If you do not have ssh access to the remote, please submit a bug report
to https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity and I'll get it fixed.

...Ken