[Duplicity-talk] Issues with restoring restarted backups

From: Matthew Twomey
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Issues with restoring restarted backups
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:50:19 -0600

Greetings,

I'm still getting familiar with duplicity (using 6.06 on Ubuntu Karmic),
so I may have missed something, however, I'm having some trouble doing a
restore of an archive which was interrupted/restarted during the backup
process. Here's a summary of what I've tried several times:

* Start the backup process (the testdir contains approximately 70mb of
files): duplicity /home/testdir scp://address@hidden/duplicity/testdir

* Interrupt the backup process while it's writing volume 2 on the remote
host with ctrl-c

* Start the backup again using the same command line and it appears to
recover nicely (starting on volume 3 now)

* Backup finishes

* Start test restore with: duplicity
scp://address@hidden/duplicity/testdir /tmp/testdir

* The restore aborts during volume 2:

sftp command: 'get
duplicity/testdir/duplicity-full.20091125T181549Z.vol2.difftar.gpg
/tmp/duplicity-5Mo7HW-tempdir/mktemp-uB4Qx0-5'
Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch:
Calculated hash: 1f33ea457ced4d4428635cce7901f786bf44383b
Manifest hash: e829d7a21c0595ed006685ef91989f7e2421c3f2

I'm not sure if I'm missing something simple here or if there is really
a problem. I've also tried deleting the local cached signature and
manifest files and let duplicity pull them down again which didn't help.
What I end up with is basically a partial restore with the file from
Volume 1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Matt