Re: [Duplicity-talk] Issues with restoring restarted backups

From: Matthew Twomey
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Issues with restoring restarted backups
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:37:41 -0600

Ok - after a little more testing it appears that when a full backup is
disrupted in the middle of transferring and then restarted - duplicity
starts on the next volume number *without* finishing the files that were
supposed to be in the previous volume.

That is to say:

*Normal non-disrupted backup*

Volume 1 = files 01 - 10
Volume 2 = files 11 - 20
Volume 3 = files 21 - 30

*Backup which was disrupted during network transfer of Volume 2 and then
restarted (Restarting after volume 2" was the message in the log)*

Volume 1 = files 01 - 10
Volume 2 = files 11 - 13 (or wherever it was disrupted)
Volume 3 = files 21 - 30

I've noticed that after a disruption, if I go in and delete the last
volume file (the one which was disrupted) on the remote location and
then restart the backup - it picks up with that volume, producing a
usable backup.

Thought on this?

Thanks,

-Matt