Re: [Duplicity-talk] Rsync Backend

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Rsync Backend
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:12:33 +0000

Hi Will,

The "remove-all-but-n-full" options removes all but leaves the following:

previous full backup and associated incremental chain.

current full backup and associated incremental chain.

This means you always have 1 full backup chain plus your current backup chain available.

However, the MySQL thing throws a spanner in the works...

I'm guessing that your running mysqldump each night to dump to a flat file? If so, duplicity will see this "flat file" as a brand new file (each night) and take a full backup of it (each night) :-( I think its something to do with the file having a different inode or something?

If anyone else on this list as a different view, please shout :-)

Rich