Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why do I have a 19GB ~/.cache/duplicity folder?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why do I have a 19GB ~/.cache/duplicity folder?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:08:32 +0100

> I think I wrote the patch that stopped us doing that automatically
> unless --extra-clean was given.  The reason was, without old sigtars,
> we can't list files in non-current backups.  If we can do that without
> sigtars, then great.  But some way of listing old files will be
> important to Deja Dup (and I think ede was interested too for duply).

i am .. the big schedule is to list old versions and cherry pick the
ones to restore

btw. I am still looking for a size info on backed up files. Is it
possible to add this?

> Although, in those cases, it would also be nice not to take up so much
> space.  Sigtars must be holding more than just file lists, eh?  Can we
> 'strip' them or something when they become non-current?

my use case has daily backups, monthly fulls, volumesize is 50 MB, a
data size of 1,4GB and dates back 3 months .. the cache folder is 50MB,
i can live with that very well

in this case only few files change, mainly logfiles and such

... ede