Re: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropri

From: Henrik Olsen
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock issues?
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:28:32 +0200

On May 12, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Olivier Berger wrote:

>> AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system
>> clock issues?
>>

> For the records, there's also a similar report here :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/502609/comments/13 and
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=581260 (I've been
> myself hit by that same bug).
>
> It seems to me the common element is that message:
> Info: Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.

Just had the same issue (with 0.6.08b on OS X 10.6.3, Python 2.6.1) on one of
my duplicity backup jobs (others running fine, from same source machine and to
same target machine).

NcFTP version is 3.2.3
Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.
Last full backup date: Fri Apr 30 20:28:35 2010
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/duplicity/bin/duplicity", line 1239, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/local/duplicity/bin/duplicity", line 1232, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/local/duplicity/bin/duplicity", line 1214, in main
    incremental_backup(sig_chain)
  File "/usr/local/duplicity/bin/duplicity", line 474, in incremental_backup
    assert dup_time.curtime != dup_time.prevtime, "time not moving forward at
appropriate pace - system clock issues?"
AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock
issues?

> I worked around it by issueing a cleanup command,

I will try that.

/Henrik