Re: [Duplicity-talk] restored data not up-to-date

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] restored data not up-to-date
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:29:11 +0200

On 26.04.2011 22:15, Mike Brack wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:57 PM, <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
> wrote:
>
>     Did you try to understand what the status output tells you?
>
> yes, I did but I could not conclude what needs to be done. Therefore I ask
> the experts

well, essentially it says your latest available backup is from october 17th
2010 .. also it says that there is some garbage data, at least duplicitity
thinks so

>     did you change your duplicity version recently?
>
> No, I did not

again.. could it be that the duplicity version of the gone machine was
different from the version you are trying to restore with now? do you have any
old backuplog to determine the old version?

alternatively a simple 'ls' .. a list of the files in your backend storage
might be of help here.

ede/duply.net