Re: [Duplicity-talk] Support for ACLs and xatts?

From: Moray Henderson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Support for ACLs and xatts?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:47:51 +0100

Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> I just tried out duplicity and it seams not to support ACLs (and
> supposedly no extended attributes / xattrs).
>
> Are there any plans for supporting ACLs? Any thinkg I can help here? Or
> do I need to wait until the new file format is implemented?

On 11.06.2010 I sent a patch to this list which added (rudimentary) SELinux
support to duplicity-0.6.08b-1.el5 from EPEL.  I was supposed to file a bug for
it so that it wouldn't be forgotten, but I never got round to it and Duplicity
has moved on from that version anyway.  Perhaps the developers could check the
list archives around that date and see if that patch is still any use.

Moray.
“To err is human; to purr, feline.”